Couscous with greens and pan fried chicken
We needed some thing relatively easy tonight and this turned out super good.
We had some chicken thighs from Kunara Organic Butcher, and a friedge full of veggies from out trip to the farmers market yesterday.
about 30 mins
- Pan to make the chicken
- medium size bowl
- knife and chopping board
- 4x chicken thighs
- 2 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 small or ½ large zucchini diced
- 1 bunch of broccolini, chopped
- about 10 pitted Sicilian olives, halved
- ¾ cup couscous
- ¾ cup stock
- knob of butter
- pepper and salt
- Season the chicken thighs and place into a medium heat pan
- In the saucepan, add some oil and sauté the green veggies (except the olives). Once heated, cover so the moisture from the veggies steams them. When the veggies are almost done, throw in the olives, then, tip them into a bowl and keep aside.
- Turn the chicken
- Boil the stock in the saucepan, then turn off the heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- (By now my chicken was done, so I stacked them on one side of the pan, and tossed the greens through the juices in the other half of the pan ... was filling in time waiting for the couscous.)
- Add the butter to the couscous and break it up with a fork. Then add the greens and mix together.
- Spoon the couscous with greens into a bowl or on a plate and lay the chicken on the top.