Fish soup (with miso)
We had a fillet of deep sea bream which I was going to use last night for dinner but we went out and had burgers instead (!) so had to use for lunch today.
It's been raining constantly this morning, so we felt like bunkering down and having something nourishing and warm.
- sesame oil (couple of glugs)
- dollop of minced ginger
- decent handful of finely sliced red cabbage
- decent handful of finely sliced kale
- 1 litre of miso stock (about a dessert spoon of miso paste)
- few glugs of soy sauce
- few dashes of fish oil
- about 300g of fish (bream), cubed
- sauté the ginger, cabbage and kale in the sesame oil for a few mins
- add the stock, soy sauce and fish sauce and bring to a simmer
- add the fish and cook for few mins until the fish is cooked but still tender
- garnish with sesame seeds and dried shallots